- Visual representations of numerical data.
- Makes it easy to see what happened in an experiment.
- Can predict future changes or events.
Serve different purposes
- Line graph = relationship between two sets of numbers
- Bar graph = good way to show distribution of measurements among particular group of
- Pie graph = % of items
Two major lines
Horizontal and vertical = Axes ( singular, axis )
- Horizontal x
- Vertical y
- Place where these two line meet is where the graph begins
- Sequence of numbers
- X axis numbers from left to right
- Y axis numbers from bottom to top
- Numbers not the same on both axes
- Helps reader understand them
- Label each axis
- Title the graph
Making a graph
Back To: Biology Notebook